|If you don’t feel your management team is a dream team, a team you are proud to be part of, a team that is committed and mission driven, don’t expect the people in your company to feel part of such an organization.
- – Are there tensions within the management team?
- – Are there “everybody – knows – it – but – nobody – dares – to – speak – about -it” moments?
- – Are there small irritations?
- – Are there conversations you avoid?
- – Are there things you’d like to see different?
If you don’t get the “irritations/allergies/disappointments” out in the open within your team, they will surely affect your employees. People sense these things from a mile away. You can’t fool them by pretending.
It’s of the highest importance that you find a way to communicate about these tensions in a respectful way. Get your ego, your pride or your fears out of the way and talk. From human to human.
Remember if you don’t like and trust each other, if you do not collaborate well as a management team, don’t expect your people to do so.